Skip to main content

Where is My Bench?

I will tell you what I want to do right now. Go sit on a bench in a park and watch the greenery, observe children playing cricket and dogs relieving themselves. But I can’t have that comfort. It’s night already, so all the children are in, it is too dark to see the green around me and there is no park close to my home, which affords me the comfort of a bench. Sarcastic? Not really.

Something is literally hanging in the air. The air around me is pregnant with meaning and thoughts and ideas. Did I use the word pregnant? Yes, without flinching at all. It looks so easy – people sit in parks and stare and then go back home to their lovers and husbands and boyfriends and pets and children and their jobs! Yeah, that’s what we see in the movies.

I am thinking of enrolling in a weight loss program. I still do not think I am ‘obese’. I am certainly overweight – disproportionately but that can’t be the only reason for my infertility from hell. Doctors do not find anything else not working for me, so they hang on to the random statement – “Meanwhile, why don’t you lose a few kilos?”. Thank You! Now all I need is a bench to ruminate on and watch my life go by.


^WiseGuy^

Comments

  1. Peh. Doctors. What do they know, anyhow? "Lose a few pounds." What a remarkable idea, doc! Why didn't I think of it?

    Yeesh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First - I love benches. I sat on a particularly rhumanitory one in Minnestota a few years back.

    Second - Even if you lose "a few kilos" and then immediately "get you know what" the two are not necessarily related. I'll be psyched for you on BOTH accounts, but shame on the doctors for using YOU as the scapegoat here.

    you know I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a bit chilly here for benching at the moment but I'll be re-finding a few favourites when it's warmer.

    Meh, who doesn't need to lose weight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. too cold for ruminating on a bench.
    Losing kilos is always a good idea, but it just bothers me that doctors seem to make up stuff when they don't know what to say.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I especially love when doctors tell us to lose weight and they can stand to lose a few pounds themselves. The nerve.

    I say, lets find our bench, sit on it, and have a donut!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll take a bench and a donut too! My GP is always harranguing me about my wieght (I'm about 30 lbs overwieght) but when I lost 10 pounds (and everyone at work commented), he didn't seem to notice and asked me if I planning to lose wieght. Grrrrr...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Doctors kill me. I had a few tell me that all my problems stem from my weight... which is odd because not only did I have these same problems at a perfectly normal weight range... but I know people who have weighed 100lbs more than me with less crap going on with their bodies.

    I sometimes dream about going to sit in the park, but I don't... because I'd take my camera and take pictures, and people might wonder why a woman is alone in the park taking pictures and call the cops... lol. Although they probably would.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Let me know when you find that bench... I will come join you too! **sigh**

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, I am so ready to take you guys up on that offer of Donuts - dipped in Chocolate....zillionilicious!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Should Have Known

...On the night of 19th when my breasts became hard and sore to touch, the nurses brought me hot water bottles rather than my baby. I should have known. ...Birdman was apparently away to Very Big City with our baby. Every SMS update sent to me about her after 16th Jan was fake. I was a donkey eating at his trough. I should have known. ...Visitors who came to see me in the hospital did not look me straight in the eye. I should have known. ...My mother sounded reluctant every time I asked her on a timeline on when my stitches would be cut and I could travel to Very Big City. I should have known. ...I grieved at how many pricks and tubes were affixed to my little baby while she lay cold and unfeeling at the bottom of an earth pit fatigued from all the effort she put into staying alive. I should have known. ...Family dropped clues on how oxygen deprivation could affect the brain. I spelt it out for them. I told them that Lola was my daughter even if she came out r-e-t-a-r-d-e-d from the o...

Season...

With very limited time and access to the netz, I just want to declare that Lady Season is here. She arrived last Wednesday, and I will someday in future speak of how due to SuperPed's preparedness a crisis was averted. I tend to have firework endings. Her with me, and my first chance of mothering is like a spray of cold water on my face. I am very sleep deprived. Apparently, wise birds said to me that I should sleep when the girl sleeps, but so far my body schedule and kid's schedule are haywire. I hope to be better adapted to this soon. It is tough for me to find net time as of now, and there are a couple of things I want to post online, since CBub's dates also passed by recently, but so far it does not seem to be happening. And I just want to say thanks. Even though I am craptastic at responding, I am reading off and on as I can manage.