Skip to main content

Comments and Comments, Inc.

I have still not recounted my ICLW experience. I have been on that list for the past three months, I believe. But the December 2008 experience was the most active one. Prior to December, I had a very ad hoc way of covering the list. I only got back to people who left comments on mine (I am pathetic, I know!). In December as well, I did not really aim to be an Iron Commentator. However, what I aimed at was covering the list as much as possible and more systematically than before . And the fact that I read about 52 blogs (several of them new for me) made the exercise very rewarding. I have left comments on 95 percent of the blogs. This really was serious fun.

It is easier to cover the Show and Tell participants because they are more limited and I have found that the group which is active on that list is mostly common to every week. Since S&T happens more frequently, it is easier for me to maintain continuity and a sense of direction as to what that blogger/blog normally talks about and posts. It also acquaints me with the usual style of the blogger.

I guess with three more months of ICLWing, I will become even more comfortable with the whole thing.

How do you approach ICLW?



^WiseGuy^

Comments

  1. After my first ICLW I posted about my systematic way of moving through the list. When I'm busier, though, that flies out the window and I mostly return comments and pick a few other blogs with appealing descriptions. Appealing = IF, no children

    The one month I was Iron Commenter, I used my system, but had to skip some because they didn't have any posts on which I wanted to comment. I'd keep checking back until a new more interesting post appeared. With some, they never had a post that inspired me to comment, so I'd go into their archives until I found something.

    I almost always leave a substantive (and usually long) comment rather than the "Good luck! ICLW" comment which to me is missing the point. I also usually read some back posts instead of just the first one on the page. ICLW is my favorite time of the month, but it can be very time-consuming when I do it the way I want to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, this is my first month, so I suppose I should figure out how I want to tackle it. I'm also considering trying for Iron Commenter but we'll see...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did it only twice and really enjoyed it. I try different ones, even when I'm not particularly interested in the description. Many times I don't vibe with the style or I don't know what to say, so I move on. I write down the ones I commented on, and mark with stars the ones I want to go back after ICLW as well. I found a few of the ones on my blogroll that way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't usually do ICLW. I usually comment on a fairly large percentage of the posts I read anyways and I tend to have a crazy schedule. The days I work I sometimes don't get to check blogs much.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Should Have Known

...On the night of 19th when my breasts became hard and sore to touch, the nurses brought me hot water bottles rather than my baby. I should have known. ...Birdman was apparently away to Very Big City with our baby. Every SMS update sent to me about her after 16th Jan was fake. I was a donkey eating at his trough. I should have known. ...Visitors who came to see me in the hospital did not look me straight in the eye. I should have known. ...My mother sounded reluctant every time I asked her on a timeline on when my stitches would be cut and I could travel to Very Big City. I should have known. ...I grieved at how many pricks and tubes were affixed to my little baby while she lay cold and unfeeling at the bottom of an earth pit fatigued from all the effort she put into staying alive. I should have known. ...Family dropped clues on how oxygen deprivation could affect the brain. I spelt it out for them. I told them that Lola was my daughter even if she came out r-e-t-a-r-d-e-d from the o...

Season...

With very limited time and access to the netz, I just want to declare that Lady Season is here. She arrived last Wednesday, and I will someday in future speak of how due to SuperPed's preparedness a crisis was averted. I tend to have firework endings. Her with me, and my first chance of mothering is like a spray of cold water on my face. I am very sleep deprived. Apparently, wise birds said to me that I should sleep when the girl sleeps, but so far my body schedule and kid's schedule are haywire. I hope to be better adapted to this soon. It is tough for me to find net time as of now, and there are a couple of things I want to post online, since CBub's dates also passed by recently, but so far it does not seem to be happening. And I just want to say thanks. Even though I am craptastic at responding, I am reading off and on as I can manage.