Skip to main content

Show and Tell: Blue-do-bee-do

Hey there people, today I want to talk about my favourite colour. Before we start, I want to tell you this. I am impermanent in several things and colour is one such entity. Today I want you to meet five of my favourite blue things.

I am a big fan of Vincent Van Gogh art. It is a very crude way of putting it, but I have always be mesmerized by his strokes, the depth, direction and choice of colours. I specifically like two of his paintings - Starry Nights and Crows over the Wheatfields. So, I present to you here - Starry Nights!



The second object of desire is sapphires - as controversial in the history of gem collectors as perhaps diamonds and onyx. Unlike pearls, Sapphires are supposed to bring great wealth or great misery upon its bearers and so people are careful about owning one. The forbidden fruit always has a greater lure!



The next blue I want to show you is that of the peacock plume. It is a gorgeous sight to witness the dance of peacocks when rains arrive. And it is also awesome to hold and observe the rich hues of blue in its feather. It is the colour of lushness.



And can I be left behind from water. The giver of life, the sustainer of life...water! I love beaches and have had the pleasure of spending several summers, while I was growing up, visiting beaches and so, they will always hold a special place in my heart. One of my secret desires, still unfulfilled, is to spend a night alone on a deserted beach, with just moonlight showing me the way!



And the fifth object is a piece of technology that is making life easier for everyone - Bluetooth!



To go back to where Mel's class, just click here!


^WiseGuy^



P.S. [Added to the post as deemed necessary] The pictures have been taken from the WWW only to indicate my preferences. The intent is non-commercial and copyright infringement is not my goal. So the copyright totally rests with those who lay claim to it originally.

Comments

  1. Awesome post! Cool and informative: the best mixture! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm... I have saphires in my engagement ring...

    There's that aqua blue colour. Makes me feel peaceful.

    Yes, it's all over that collage of me and Ray, I think that's one of the reason why I love those pictures of us so much, another being you can see the love that made George.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, I love it. :) I also like blue, though as I get older, I get more and more unsure of what my favorite color is. Is that... odd?

    I really like how you presented it here, though, with differnt favorite blue things. :) Especially like the Van Gogue picture.

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blue is my favorite color too. I loved your pictures. A Starry Night print is in our hallway upstairs and I always go by it, fascinated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool pics. The beach is lovely. The Van Gogh piece is gorgeous. And, the peacock feather and the sapphire are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blue is the best in my book too.

    I urge you to live your dream of spending a night at the sea. I've never done it completely alone, but a night sleeping out at sea is one remembered. There is nothing like waking up to the sound of the ocean and absolutely nothing else.

    ReplyDelete
  7. fun post!
    I also love beaches, Van Gogh and sapphyres. I still have to get more familiar with the bluetooth, though. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an interesting idea- I love all your beautiful blue things even the bluetooth which made me giggle when I got to that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have chosen many of the colors that I'm always trying to capture in my pottery! I succeed less than I would like, but when it works and I end up with sapphire and indigo blue, it is a triumph.

    Thanks for the reminder that I should head back to MoMA the next time I'm in NYC, so that I can go see Starry Night in person again! I went to the Van Gogh museum in Amsterdam a couple of years ago, and it was enlightening (especially the biographical organization), but there were a few key works missing. Better for those of us who don't live in Amsterdam, that we can see Van Gogh's masterpieces more often closer to home!

    ReplyDelete
  10. blue is a very soothing colour I think, although it has to be used carefully as it can also be a cold colour. Love the photo of the sea though!!

    P.S. Loved your comment about Kali on another post!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Uh oh. My engagement ring is a sapphire and my wedding ring has sapphires in it. Maybe I can blame those for my woes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. In complete agreement on the color blue. I find it peaceful and spectacular for all the reasons you've outlined.

    Thanks for the great comment today -- fascinating info!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I love this S&T! Very cool what you did with beautiful blue.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Should Have Known

...On the night of 19th when my breasts became hard and sore to touch, the nurses brought me hot water bottles rather than my baby. I should have known. ...Birdman was apparently away to Very Big City with our baby. Every SMS update sent to me about her after 16th Jan was fake. I was a donkey eating at his trough. I should have known. ...Visitors who came to see me in the hospital did not look me straight in the eye. I should have known. ...My mother sounded reluctant every time I asked her on a timeline on when my stitches would be cut and I could travel to Very Big City. I should have known. ...I grieved at how many pricks and tubes were affixed to my little baby while she lay cold and unfeeling at the bottom of an earth pit fatigued from all the effort she put into staying alive. I should have known. ...Family dropped clues on how oxygen deprivation could affect the brain. I spelt it out for them. I told them that Lola was my daughter even if she came out r-e-t-a-r-d-e-d from the o...

Season...

With very limited time and access to the netz, I just want to declare that Lady Season is here. She arrived last Wednesday, and I will someday in future speak of how due to SuperPed's preparedness a crisis was averted. I tend to have firework endings. Her with me, and my first chance of mothering is like a spray of cold water on my face. I am very sleep deprived. Apparently, wise birds said to me that I should sleep when the girl sleeps, but so far my body schedule and kid's schedule are haywire. I hope to be better adapted to this soon. It is tough for me to find net time as of now, and there are a couple of things I want to post online, since CBub's dates also passed by recently, but so far it does not seem to be happening. And I just want to say thanks. Even though I am craptastic at responding, I am reading off and on as I can manage.