Skip to main content

Three Gifts (Edited to remove the Show and Tell tag)



As the above pic in itself clarifies, today I am posting the pictures of three gifts I have received from my students. I enjoy teaching and if the gifts are thoughtful and given as a token of remembrance rather than flattery, I have retained the gifts. They are not too many but are close to my teaching experience overall.

The first pic is of a key-ring that was gifted to me by an undergraduate student. There is an obvious mistake on the backside of the key-ring, but the ring carries my key to my apartment. [Gifted in 2006]




The second pic is of a charm bracelet that was gifted to me by a post-graduate student. I love the bracelet. Though I dig stone and bead jewellery, I have never myself purchased such bracelets for myself and it is quite an exciting addition to my accessories. [Gifted in 2008]



The third pic is of a small statue of Ganesha that a student gifted to me on Teacher’s Day. I liked it and so I have kept it. I am not very ritualistic and do not care much about collecting photos, statues or like of God for my home or office-space, but this one I kept. Ganesha is ubiquitous in Hindu homes, but I think it is one of the most unimaginative gift items of all times. I don’t like the Ganesha glut that is sometimes present in Hindu homes. So, if I kept this one, I am not about to have anymore in my house unless coerced into accepting it.



Rest Later! Have a wonderful new week and wish you a very Happy Diwali. Back to where it all began!


Show and Tell



[All snaps have been taken from my mobile’s camera and if they are not showing my photography finesse, do excuse me.]



^WiseGuy^


P.S. Why did I remove the S&T tag? Coz I posted this and went offline for a few days and could not link it to the Circle Time Archives...

Comments

  1. Happy Diwali to you too.

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bracelet! Thanks for sharing the pics.

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the charm bracelet. It's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it when my students would give me gifts. I taught high school so that was very few and far between. But I treasure the one's I did get.

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Should Have Known

...On the night of 19th when my breasts became hard and sore to touch, the nurses brought me hot water bottles rather than my baby. I should have known. ...Birdman was apparently away to Very Big City with our baby. Every SMS update sent to me about her after 16th Jan was fake. I was a donkey eating at his trough. I should have known. ...Visitors who came to see me in the hospital did not look me straight in the eye. I should have known. ...My mother sounded reluctant every time I asked her on a timeline on when my stitches would be cut and I could travel to Very Big City. I should have known. ...I grieved at how many pricks and tubes were affixed to my little baby while she lay cold and unfeeling at the bottom of an earth pit fatigued from all the effort she put into staying alive. I should have known. ...Family dropped clues on how oxygen deprivation could affect the brain. I spelt it out for them. I told them that Lola was my daughter even if she came out r-e-t-a-r-d-e-d from the o...

Season...

With very limited time and access to the netz, I just want to declare that Lady Season is here. She arrived last Wednesday, and I will someday in future speak of how due to SuperPed's preparedness a crisis was averted. I tend to have firework endings. Her with me, and my first chance of mothering is like a spray of cold water on my face. I am very sleep deprived. Apparently, wise birds said to me that I should sleep when the girl sleeps, but so far my body schedule and kid's schedule are haywire. I hope to be better adapted to this soon. It is tough for me to find net time as of now, and there are a couple of things I want to post online, since CBub's dates also passed by recently, but so far it does not seem to be happening. And I just want to say thanks. Even though I am craptastic at responding, I am reading off and on as I can manage.