Skip to main content

Show and Tell: Meenie Kids around Me

This is a collection of kids – recent entrants to my environs. And each one of them is a charmer. Someday, I will post my own success story as well.

//Picture removed to protect privacy

DJ is a cool guy! (Literally)… he is my cousin’s son and is in the US. By far, I still do not have a one to one interaction with him.

//Picture removed to protect privacy

She is my sis-in-law’s daughter, and this photo of hers is when she was just a couple of hours old. Now she is almost seven months and has really evolved facial features

//Picture removed to protect privacy

And this is a favourite snap of a colleague’s son. He has very Pahadi (mountain-dwellers) looks, obvious from his lineage. His mom has posted a lot of snaps of him on Orkut but this is the one I like the best.

//Picture removed to protect privacy

C is the son of a very close friend. Again, this picture of his is taken when he was a couple of hours old. C is very affable, as reported by my mother who was the doctor who delivered him.

//Picture removed to protect privacy

Jy is my friend’s son. I have never met Jy but his father (my friend) keeps on mailing me his snaps of their life and times in Dubai. So, this little guy is in my life vicariously.




Why do I post them here? Because…

… I have wondered more than once as to what age difference will there be between my kids and X.

… They are constant reminders of how wonderfully nature can take its own course, catching its objects with spontaneity and not deliberation

… I also want to be able to take pictures and share them with people around me

… There is so much potential in each of them, and there are so many perceptible differences between them and there is so much pleasure in seeing them learn to do things ‘first time’, which we adults take for granted.

Rest Later! Have a wonderful new week… and this is where you can go back to the Circle.


Show and Tell




^WiseGuy^

Comments

  1. Beautiful kids. I hope to see a picture of your little one up here next year. Good luck in November.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending you lots of good wishes for the upcoming cycle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the photo of the 7-month-old girl with the mischievous look and awesome hairdo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops, sorry about the mixup. Then I will correct my statement to say, I love the pahadi baby's hair and mischief!

    Is there a story behind his bracelets? I've heard of some other cultures putting bracelets on babies for special reasons, and then other times it's just jewelry. :)

    Happy ICLW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You just started my morning off on a happy note, just looking at these adorable pictures.

    Good luck with your cycle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful children! I love how you celebrate them and remain positive through the difficult journey of IF. Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Should Have Known

...On the night of 19th when my breasts became hard and sore to touch, the nurses brought me hot water bottles rather than my baby. I should have known. ...Birdman was apparently away to Very Big City with our baby. Every SMS update sent to me about her after 16th Jan was fake. I was a donkey eating at his trough. I should have known. ...Visitors who came to see me in the hospital did not look me straight in the eye. I should have known. ...My mother sounded reluctant every time I asked her on a timeline on when my stitches would be cut and I could travel to Very Big City. I should have known. ...I grieved at how many pricks and tubes were affixed to my little baby while she lay cold and unfeeling at the bottom of an earth pit fatigued from all the effort she put into staying alive. I should have known. ...Family dropped clues on how oxygen deprivation could affect the brain. I spelt it out for them. I told them that Lola was my daughter even if she came out r-e-t-a-r-d-e-d from the o...

Season...

With very limited time and access to the netz, I just want to declare that Lady Season is here. She arrived last Wednesday, and I will someday in future speak of how due to SuperPed's preparedness a crisis was averted. I tend to have firework endings. Her with me, and my first chance of mothering is like a spray of cold water on my face. I am very sleep deprived. Apparently, wise birds said to me that I should sleep when the girl sleeps, but so far my body schedule and kid's schedule are haywire. I hope to be better adapted to this soon. It is tough for me to find net time as of now, and there are a couple of things I want to post online, since CBub's dates also passed by recently, but so far it does not seem to be happening. And I just want to say thanks. Even though I am craptastic at responding, I am reading off and on as I can manage.