Case I: W got married and within three months she came to know that she had conceived. Why have a kid so early in marriage and for this simple reason she had the baby aborted. Later she conceived again and lost the baby in the fifth month. She conceived again and had a normal delivery. As of today, she is the proud mother of two daughters.[It is also rumored that she had found out that she was pregnant four months prior to her wedding and she and her fiance had disposed off the baby for the fear of bringing shame to their respective families.]
Case II: W got married and was detected with a fibroid. Around the same time, she conceived and on some adverse opinion from her doctor had an MTP. A second opinion post-MTP concluded that she actually did not need the MTP(!). Second time she became pregnant, she delivered a healthy baby boy. Power of Contraception be damned, she conceived again within two years, which she promptly got terminated.
Case III: W got married and because of lack of time and career needs, had an abortion the first time around that she conceived. Eighteen months later she is happily on the family way again!
Case IV: W has a 8-9 year old daughter. She plans for a second child and conceives within six months of going off contraception. W loses the baby in the fourth month. It is a missed abortion and she has to go through a surgical procedure to have the remnants removed. How tragic? Within six months of this loss, W is pregnant again and well in her fourth month and as of now is planning a week-long getaway at Mauritius in her fifth month. As if God has overtly specifically promised that this time, nothing will go wrong by any amount of exertion!
These are all cases from my own acquaintances! I know these people. Have talked to them, laughed with them, and shared relationships of different orders with them. They could all get away with being callous on the nature's gift, but God kept on bestowing them what they deliberately shrugged off. And I have happily been blessed wiith primary subfertility. Is God stupid or blind or indiscriminate?
Case II: W got married and was detected with a fibroid. Around the same time, she conceived and on some adverse opinion from her doctor had an MTP. A second opinion post-MTP concluded that she actually did not need the MTP(!). Second time she became pregnant, she delivered a healthy baby boy. Power of Contraception be damned, she conceived again within two years, which she promptly got terminated.
Case III: W got married and because of lack of time and career needs, had an abortion the first time around that she conceived. Eighteen months later she is happily on the family way again!
Case IV: W has a 8-9 year old daughter. She plans for a second child and conceives within six months of going off contraception. W loses the baby in the fourth month. It is a missed abortion and she has to go through a surgical procedure to have the remnants removed. How tragic? Within six months of this loss, W is pregnant again and well in her fourth month and as of now is planning a week-long getaway at Mauritius in her fifth month. As if God has overtly specifically promised that this time, nothing will go wrong by any amount of exertion!
These are all cases from my own acquaintances! I know these people. Have talked to them, laughed with them, and shared relationships of different orders with them. They could all get away with being callous on the nature's gift, but God kept on bestowing them what they deliberately shrugged off. And I have happily been blessed wiith primary subfertility. Is God stupid or blind or indiscriminate?
It kind of rocks one's idea of an all-knowing and all-powerful god.
ReplyDeleteMy husband claims that God presents us with challenges to see how we will respond. That's what free will is all about. Maybe it will ease your mind to think more about what it cost these friends to make the choices they did, or what it will cost them in the long run.
ReplyDeleteI do wonder at Fate sometimes. Here I am with 2 losses and DH's cousin had her fourth baby last year. Similar age to us. But I think sometimes some people face more obstacles in life because maybe their stuggles contribute in a great way to something bigger.
ReplyDeleteVia la Creme...
ReplyDeleteThis is only my personal belief and not a sermon to you. But you did ask the question.
I wholly believe that God is love. That God has a plan for my life and that my timing isn't what it's about. It's His timing that matters and I choose to trust in the timing.
That doesn't mean that it's easy to see others appear so callous about pregnancies, as if they're disposable plates at a picnic. I'm sorry that it's all so In Your Face, too.
I thought about just clicking on to the next Creme post... but I really felt strongly that I wanted to leave a comment. And mostly that comment is that I wish you peace. :)
I've wondered the same thing many times. It's something I struggle with and feel angry about at times. I don't get it.
ReplyDeleteHere from the Creme: In total agreement with what Patricia said above.
ReplyDelete